Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My workstation will authorize me usb cable but will not spot my soneyerricson z500 phone?

the usb is on com port 5 but lower than manager it states not connected for the phone I own been to soney and also to compac but they hold given up

My workstation will authorize me usb cable but will not spot my soneyerricson z500 phone?

Sounds like you want the drivers for your phone. The OS probably can detect some minimal information about the phone but not adequate to know how to fully work with it. I do matching thing next to my Samsung A870 phone and prior to installing the Samsung driver, Microsoft Windows would report unknown cdma device. I was competent to get most of the information for my phone via http://www.bitpim.org but I didn't see your phone nominated as one they support. You may just own to search around the net a bit to see if anyone else has worked out the problem.



** Edit **

Found the following knit on the Sony Ericsson website for software/drivers for the z500. Simple Google search returned this result along beside several others with hoof it throughs on connecting the phone.
Try to be more descriptive! Also, try installing a Bluetooth card in your PC. That might cause the file transfers from your PC to your cell phone easier, but you should also own a good program for these wallet transports. Good luck!
You might want to find a device driver somewhere on a disc or online. Unplug the phone from the computer then install the driver. Follow the prompts and try again. I have the same problem near my Razr. It might cost money for the driver BTW. google the name of the phone and put driver or device driver as sector of the search.


No comments:

Post a Comment