Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My wireless router is limp but I can plug into the internet?

When I set up the system I made a wager on up of the configuration. I cannot access this though to reinstate the configuration if this has messed up somehow. Would this be a channel of curing the problem? And how do you get contained by to it?

My wireless router is limp but I can plug into the internet?

Why don't you connect with the Ethernet line and access the router online configuration page (http://192.168.0.1) - then remove the encryption (wep etc) and start over again - it shouldn't rob more than a few minutes to reconfigure you wireless system for a stand alone pc.



Ensure your router is set to transmit wirelessly and you are using equal channel on the router and the laptop. Set wireless card to connect to your SSID name and unless the section is faulty adjectives should be well. You could also use window zero configuration utility to try to repair your nouns although this was usless for my computer.
Go again? You've reset the router, but very soon can't get final into it's config screen to introduction your settings? Is this the case?

If so, Have you get Encryption/Static IP set-up? If you DID have - remove these settings from your notebook & try accessing the router again (as adjectives it's encryption & settings like this will own been reset also)


No comments:

Post a Comment